Application deadline: 05/06/2020
- Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
- Line Manager: Head of Campaigning Unit
- Contract: full time, maternity leave replacement
- Gross Annual Salary: from € 28.000 to € 31.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
- Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus, flextime and smart working. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 11 and 12 June. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a highly motivated Campaign Senior Officer, who combines excellent communication skills with diplomatic approach to all internal and external contacts. We are looking for an individual who will be responsible for the initiatives related to the “Spazi di Libertà” campaign, conduct desk-based research and actions to ensure maximum impact on Civil and political rights issues. It is a great opportunity for a flexible and results oriented person who will mainly manage and develop the association’s campaigns to make a change in regards to Human Rights in people’s lives.
About the Role
The Campaign Senior Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Deliver campaigning activities to achieve impact along Amnesty’s human rights priorities, particularly on issues such as accountability of law enforcement, criminalization of solidarity, freedom of expression, protection of human rights defenders.
- Generate high-quality contents and materials on the thematic priorities relevant to this role.
- Project plans across the movement and partners are effectively monitored, tracked and coordinated across multiple AI internal and external stakeholders to achieve impact.
- Establish and manage partnerships and effective communication with civil society organizations, institutions and agencies, right-holders, Amnesty International staff and activists and other relevant stakeholders.
We are looking for a Campaign Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Laws or Humanities, Master’s degree or specialisation (or equivalent) in the Human Rights field is an asset.
- At least two years of postgraduate professional experience in campaigning or communication sector with similar tasks, preferably in an international not for profit organization;
- proven experience in collaboration with civil society networks and right holders for the implementation of impactful campaigns at the national level.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of campaigning tools and methodologies and knowledge of project management for human rights campaigning at national and international level.
- Excellent knowledge of human rights issues related to accountability of law enforcement, criminalization of solidarity, freedom of expression, protection of human rights defenders.
- Good knowledge of traditional and digital communication techniques for campaigning.
- Fluency in oral and written Italian and English.
The Competency Dictionary of Amnesty International Italy focusses on “how” we work rather than on “what” we do, by defining behaviours expected of a group of workers cooperating to achieve a common objective.
- Audacious and Rigorous: we have a sense of hope, urgency, ambition and daring that drives us to take risks and to seek creative solutions. We aim to develop programmes that are effective and build confidence that our work is credible, politically astute and worth promoting.
- Agility and Responsibility: we are nimble, flexible and creative in the face of challenge, we make speedy decisions and deliver quickly and effectively. We confidently and transparently assess our performance and proactively pursue a result-driven culture.
- Challenging and Respectful: we support the right to challenge and are willing to question decisions, behaviours, and laws in the interest of achieving positive change externally and internally. We value the opinions, professional expertise and diversity.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Campaign Unit we develop human rights campaigns which can bring a positive impact on laws, practices and people’s lives in Italy and beyond.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Campaign Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 05/06/2020 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.