- Application deadline: 07/06/2020
- Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
- Line Manager: Head of Business Analysis Unit
- Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract, renewable.
- Gross Annual Salary: from € 28.000 to € 31.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
- Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus, flextime and smart working. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on June 23 and 24. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a new Data Analysis Senior Officer. It is a great opportunity for creative people with strong analytical and reporting skills who are experts in fundraising field and with a deep business acumen, ready to take up a new challenge. We’re looking for a team worker who will be responsible for collecting and processing data from different sources, supportive to the work of the team in relation to strategic information management and data analysis activities.
About the Role
The Data Analysis Senior Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Formulate, design and develop reports, tools and analyses with the goal of developing strategic insights from Amnesty International Italy’s vast amount of data to enhance the fundraising programme and the supporters experience with us.
- Perform data analysis to test and monitor effectiveness of fundraising strategies, tools and methodologies through the study of behaviors of supporters.
- Through collection of statistical data on the existing base and in relation to the types of historical activities, analyzes and identifies the potential of new market segments.
- Diagnose problems as they occur and identify and implement long-term solutions. Translate the needs of different stakeholders into simple and clear output in advanced reporting and BI tools.
We are looking for a Data Analysis Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Statistics or Economics, fundraising master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in data analysis with similar tasks and an interest in human rights issues;
- proven experience in conducting business analysis, data analysis and preparing business requirements for system development, in performing testing and system deployment;
- experience in reporting complex data in an easy and understandable way and elaborate different scenarios.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Relevant expertise to the use of relational databases and proficiency in import and extract data to/from a variety of environments and to create reports, queries and spreadsheets;
- good knowledge of advanced statistical techniques and data analysis and data visualization tools (Tableau, Qlikview, Power BI, SAS …);
- deep business acumen, knowledge of fundraising methods, tools, KPI and strategic business viewpoint;
- fluency in oral and written Italian and English.
- Continuous Learning: keen to develop and improve self and others to meet organizational goals.
- Communications and influencing: ability to communicate consistent messages with integrity and gain commitment from different audiences.
- Analysis and decision making: diagnose problems, provide innovative solutions and make logical, timely decisions.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Business Analysis Unit we analyse and monitor the supporter’s base, aiding the decisions of fundraising, functional to the development of business and investment in the association’s growth.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Data Analysis Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 07/06/2020 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.