Application deadline: 08/05/2019
Work place: Rome, national business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Head of Face to Face Unit
Contract: full time, about one year fixed-term contract (based on maternity leave).
Gross Annual Salary: from € 22.000 to € 25.000
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary and bonus. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities in one of the most dynamic sector of our organization.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 29 and 30 May 2019. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a F2F Rome and National Operations Senior Officer for a maternity leave replacement. It is a great opportunity for flexible people with strong communication and negotiation skills who are experts in fundraising and acquisition techniques, ready to take up a new challenge. We’re looking for a team worker who will be responsible for results and income, ready to take up a new challenge.
The F2F Rome and National Operations Senior Officer (MLR) ensures the following goals are reached:
- Implement long term decisions and subsequent adjustments through the production of practical tools and procedures for the F2F in-house national program.
- Implement, manage and develop F2F in-house in the city of Rome supervising all the existing teams; developing an action plan to improve performance and to increase volumes; monitoring results and ROI.
- Ensure effective communication and liaison between F2F in-house and other units in order to develop integration and maximize the impact of common projects and actions.
- Oversee customization and further development of the existing tablet software (e.g. Metaface).
We are looking for a F2F Rome and National Operations Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Marketing or Communication, fundraising master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least two years of postgraduate professional experience in marketing or fundraising sector with similar tasks and a deep knowledge of human rights issues;
- proven experience in conducting face to face local or national activities;
- experience in raising significant funds from a pool of individual donors and supporters.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of Face to Face techniques and a good understanding of fundraising tools and KPIs;
- excellent competence in development and management of people through challenging results;
- exceptional communication and negotiation skills, deep knowledge of human rights issues;
- fluency in oral and written Italian and English.
- Focusing on outcomes: ability to achieve stretching goals and realise business benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results.
- Supportiveness: managing and supporting team members in order to achieve common results.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of obligations, opportunities and resources.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has 70.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Face to Face Unit we developed acquisition programmes with various channels (Face to Face, Door to Door, Home to Home and BtB) to ensure a growing number of human rights supporters.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “F2F Rome and National Operations Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 8 May 2019 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.