Application deadline: 16/02/2023
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Coordinator: Senior Head of Human Rights Education Unit
Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract
Gross Annual Salary: from € 28.000 to € 32.000
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary and bonus. You’ll be part of an international network of colleagues and partners with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
We are looking for a Grant and Financial Manager. It is a great opportunity for flexible people with strong financial, qualitative reporting and designing skills, who are experts in administrative issues and accomplishments for European Commission and other funders, ready to take up a new challenge in the human rights education field. We’re looking for a team worker who will ensure adequate project cycle management, in order to achieve economic accountability and other grants for the organization.
About the role
The Grant and Financial Manager works on the following goals:
- Ensure sound project cycle management, including guaranteeing any financial and administrative duties, accounting and reporting for economic and financial information within agreed timelines, guidelines and requirements.
- Ensure reporting for economic and financial information for our co-founded projects within agreed timelines, public funder guidelines and requirements.
- Facilitate project partnerships efforts coordinating information and communication and liaising with donors and partners.
- Develop and design new proposals for Human Rights Education projects, in compliance with organizational strategies and policies.
- Coordinate general secretarial duties, administrative and logistic matters concerning all co-founded projects.
We are looking for a Grant and Financial Manager with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Human Sciences field or Business Economics, master in EU funding programmes and instruments (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least five years of postgraduate professional experience in project cycle management for European Commission or other funders projects (Education and Human Rights), work experience in no profit organizations is an asset.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of European Community and national funding programmes, form, guidelines and requirements.
- Exceptional knowledge of human rights education tools and techniques, together with organizational values and policies.
- Excellent knowledge of project cycle management, proved with experience in previous similar positions.
- Result-oriented approach: to achieve performance objectives and realize benefits for the organization by using the more economical way of getting results.
- Building and maintaining relationships: ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders from all communities and backgrounds.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of constraints, opportunities and resources.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 1.933 activists. In order to remain independent most of our income is from individuals and private foundations but we accept restricted grants from public funders for our human rights education activities.
In the Human Rights Education Unit we empower others to develop the skills and attitudes that promote equality, dignity and respect in their community, society and worldwide.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics.
Please make sure the two files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Grant and Financial Manager”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 16/02/2023 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies; thus, we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist, and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.