Application deadline: 31/05/2021
Workplace: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Director General
Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: from € 45.000 to € 50.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus, flextime, and smart working. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities, training, and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 10 and 11 June 2021. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are embarking on a major change program to deliver our new Fundraising strategy 2022-25. Reporting directly to the Director General you will have the responsibility of ensuring sustainable income growth and integration of fundraising across the organisation including AI Italy’s movement of supporters.
The role will strengthen the growth of fundraising (current income €12m) across a diversified range of income streams and will deliver continuous, data-based, and sustainable income growth through the development and successful implementation of a holistic fundraising strategy.
The role will ensure we inspire, recruit and retain committed donors and supporters who share Amnesty’s vision and determination to protect and defend people’s lives and are passionate about ensuring we live in a world of justice, equality and dignity for everyone.
About the Role
The Head of Fundraising ensures the following goals are reached:
- Ensure the growth of fundraising across a diversified range of income streams and deliver continuous, sustainable, analysis-based, ongoing, and long-term income growth through the development and successful implementation of a holistic fundraising strategy.
- Ensure the achievement of the annual income generation and expenditure budget, targets and KPIs through a diversified and sustainable income base.
- Guarantee that fundraising campaigns are conducted within the overall strategy of the organisation and in alignment with ethical standards and compliance regulations for fundraising and marketing of Amnesty International and AI Italy.
- Build and develop a high performing, integrated team, and supporter centric approach through the creation of a continuous evaluation, learning and improvement environment. Provide inspiring and effective support, mentoring and coaching to direct reports.
We are looking for a Head of Fundraising with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Marketing or Economics, Communication and Fundraising (or relevant subject). Master’s degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- 3-5 years proven record of management and leadership success in an individual giving role with knowledge of a wide range of fundraising techniques and activities (Face to Face, Telemarketing, Digital marketing, Major Donors, Legacies, …), preferably in an international NPO;
- proven experience in developing and delivering successful multiyear income generation and supporter acquisition and retention strategies;
- track record of leading fundraising programs where regular giving is a significant income stream;
- track record of delivering sustainable growth and achieving annual income targets approximately of € 15m;
- leadership and management experience developing and nurturing relationships to drive collaborative change within an organisation.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Successful development and management of million-euro expenditure budgets;
- demonstrated knowledge of financial management including delivering complex and high value budgets, financial reporting, planning and forecasting;
- strong knowledge of supporter relationship management systems (CRM) preferably Odoo;
- commitment to human rights. Understanding of Amnesty International, its mission and policies.
- Written and oral proficiency in Italian and English are essential.
- Focusing on outcomes: ability to achieve stretching goals and realise business benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results.
- Supportiveness: managing and supporting team members to achieve common results.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results, and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of constraints, opportunities, and resources.
We are an independent, global movement made up of over 7 million people who campaigns courageously for human rights for everyone. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists.
We’re independent of any government, political ideology, economic interest, or religion to ensure we can speak out on human rights abuses wherever they occur.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Head of Fundraising Department”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 31 May 2021 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.