Application deadline: 15/12/2019
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Senior Head of Organisational Development & Human Resources
Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: from € 28.000 to € 31.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus, flextime and smart working. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 7 and 8 January 2020. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are embarking on a major change program to deliver new ways of working to improve our efficiency and to make progress towards becoming a great place to work. We are looking for a Human Resources Senior Officer who wants to contribute in the pursuit of our fight for human rights, supporting existing HR administration processes and to help shape an ongoing program of improvement.
Amnesty Italy’s Human Resources Senior Officer will be responsible for manage and implement effective processes and activities to ensure accountability and compliance in human resources management.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Human Resources Senior Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Manage HR policies, Terms of Employment (ToE) and administration processes (e.g. timesheets, relationships with public bodies, and day to day activities), to ensure compliance with Italian legislation and group policies.
- Implement compensation strategy for staff from budget definition to payroll, monitoring salary structure and market benchmark to ensure the balance between staffing needs and cost controls.
- Develop and implement our diversity management program, equal employment opportunity and discrimination, and harassment prevention to ensure compliance with international standards.
- Develop the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) to support evidence-based decision-making processes for staff wellbeing (e.g. overtime, travel, days of illness, days off, etc.).
We are looking for a Human Resources Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Business Administration or Economics, Labor Law Consulting and Payroll master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in human resources management or related fields with similar tasks and a deep knowledge of Employment and Labor Law issues;
- proven experience working with managers and employees to develop appropriate people management interventions to support business needs and organizational wellbeing;
- significant payroll, Employment and Labour Law experience;
- comfort with data and research to drive efforts.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Confident in HR budgeting and payroll, timesheets management, labor relations agreements, labor contract administration (CCNL Commercio e Terziario), grievance resolution, and disciplinary issues.
- Extensive knowledge of diversity management programs and procedures, discrimination in the workplace, compensation strategy and benchmarking.
- Proficient in HRIS management (Oracle) and in managing HR analytics.
- Full professional proficiency in Italian and English language.
- Focusing on outcomes: ability to achieve stretching goals and realise business benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results.
- Supportiveness: managing and supporting team members in order to achieve common results.
- Decision making: ability to diagnose problems, provide innovative solutions and make logical, timely decisions.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the ODHR Unit we manage people and processes solutions that add business value and increase organisational wellbeing; we oversee the combined HR and OD in delivering a high-quality service.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Human Resources Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 15 December 2019 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.