Workplace: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Senior Head of Human Rights Education Unit
Contract: co.co.co. (COCOCO), renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: € 18.000
We are looking for a Human Rights Education Financial Assistant. It is a great opportunity for people with strong organizational and analytical skills, who will support the Human Rights Education Unit in the administrative and financial management of projects co-funded by the European Commission and other potential institutional donors.
About the Role
The Human Rights Education Financial Assistant works on the following goals:
- Managing preliminary activities for the periodic and final financial reporting of ongoing projects, liaising with the administrative offices to ensure project sustainability;
- Supporting the partners in the preparation of financial reporting to ensure project compliance with standards and procedures;
- Managing the activities related to the preparation of financial reporting to ensure compliance with the donor guidelines;
- Providing support in aligning the accounting related to EU projects with the central analytical accounting system to ensure the effectiveness of the Organisation’s action.
We are looking for a Human Rights Education Financial Assistant with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Economics or equivalent.
- At least three years of relevant professional experience with an international or civil society organization;
- Proven experience in financial management and accounting.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of financial management and accounting techniques for EU funding directly managed by European Commission (e.g. CERV, Erasmus+, DEAR);
- Excellent knowledge of European funding opportunities;
- Fluency in oral and written English.
- Organization: ability to prioritize tasks, maximize efficiency, and maintain structure throughout a workday;
- Analytical thinking: ability to collect and analyze information, problem-solve, and make decisions;
- Communication: ability to interact with others effectively being customer-oriented.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 10 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In order to remain independent most of our income is from individuals and private foundations but we accept restricted grants from public funders for our human rights education activities.
In the Human Rights Education Unit we empower others to develop the skills and attitudes that promote equality, dignity and respect in their community, society and worldwide.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Human Rights Education Financial Assistant”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 31/05/2022 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies; thus, we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist, and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.