Application deadline: 11/08/2019
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Senior Head of Organisational Development & Human Resources
Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: from € 28.000 to € 31.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus, flextime and smart working. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 5 and 6 August 2019. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are embarking on a major change program to deliver new ways of working to improve our efficiency and to make progress towards becoming a great place to work. We are looking for an Organisational Development Senior Officer who wants to contribute in the pursuit of our fight for human rights, supporting existing HR initiatives and to help shape an ongoing program of improvement.
Amnesty Italy’s Organisational Development Senior Officer will be responsible for developing and implementing programs and activities that align people with key business strategies and initiatives.
About the role
The Organisational Development Senior Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Develop programs and methods of measuring if individuals or groups performance management aligns with organizational goals; oversee the annual performance development process.
- Manage the needs assessment for training and staff development to enhance the effectiveness of employee performance in achieving the goals and objectives of the association.
- Develop and implement our welfare program to make Amnesty an employer of choice by providing staff members with the most conducive and favorable environment.
- Develop methods and tools for data file formatting, data analyses methodologies, HR analytics and management reporting to support decision making.
We are looking for an Organisational Development Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Work and Organisational Psychology or Business Administration, Human Resources Management master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in human resources or related fields with similar tasks and a deep knowledge of organizational development issues;
- proven experience working with managers and employees to develop appropriate people management interventions to support business needs and organizational wellbeing;
- significant change management, performance management and development experience;
- comfort with data and research to drive efforts.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of theory, models and good practice in key areas: organisation development (particularly around change management), and learning & development.
- Track record in delivering successful OD projects and supporting major organisational change; influencing, building and sustaining relationships in order to achieve results.
- Able to work in a manner that is consistent with the organisation’s core values and behaviours; full professional proficiency in Italian and English language.
- Full professional proficiency in Italian and English language.
- Focusing on outcomes: ability to achieve stretching goals and realise business benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results.
- Building and maintaining relationships: ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders from all communities and backgrounds.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of obligations, opportunities and resources.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the ODHR Unit we manage people solutions which add business value and increase organisational wellbeing; we oversee the combined services of HR and OD in delivering a high quality service.
How to apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Organisational Development Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 11 August 2019 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.