Application deadline: 11/08/2019
Work place: Rome, national and local business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Head of Donor Development Unit
Contract: full time, about one year fixed-term contract (based on maternity leave).
Gross Annual Salary: from € 24.000 to € 27.000
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, flextime and bonus. We can offer you the chance to work with and for great people in an organization where you can really make a difference.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 27 and 30 August 2019. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a Retention Officer (MLR), a team worker who will be responsible for improve our telemarketing strategy and manage the production process of the direct mailing program, in order to achieve our programmatic goals. It is a great opportunity for flexible and results oriented people with strong communication and technical skills who are experts in fundraising field and one-to-many marketing techniques, ready to take up a new challenge.
About the role
The Retention Officer (MLR) ensures the following goals are reached:
- Manage and develop the whole telemarketing program for existing donors (one off and regular), in line with AI donor development strategy.
- Determine KPIs, implementing tools and procedures for analysis; monitor call centers results in terms of quality and quantity, both for acquisition and development campaigns, to monitor telemarketing activities and supervise call centers’ work.
- Ensure an effective and appropriate training to call center operators in order to support the achievement of results and a continuous learning approach.
- Manage the direct mailing production, in line with the designed communication cycle for existing donors (one off and regular), to ensure an effective and respectful communication.
We are looking for a Retention Officer (MLR) with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Marketing or Communication, fundraising master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least one year of postgraduate professional experience in marketing or fundraising sector with similar tasks, preferably in an international organization;
- proven experience in conducting telemarketing and direct marketing campaigns and projects;
- experience in raising significant funds from a pool of individual donors.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Exceptional knowledge of telemarketing main activities and KPIs together with deep knowledge of direct mailing issues (postal fares, printing process);
- excellent skills in executing call center operator’s training;
- highly proficient in MS Office (Excel in particular), fluent in Italian and English language;
- fluency in oral and written Italian and English, deep knowledge of human rights issues.
- Focusing on outcomes: ability to achieve stretching goals and realise business benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results;
- supportiveness: managing and supporting team members in order to achieve common results.
- analysis and decision making: diagnose problems, provide innovative solutions and make logical, timely decisions.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Fundraising Department we ensure growth and retention for an engaged and dynamic supporter base, to remain independent most of our income is from individuals and private foundations.
How to apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to Law Decree 196/2003;
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name last name RL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Retention Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 11 August 2019 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.