Application deadline: 09/05/2017
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Country Director
Contract: full time, one or two year fixed-term contract (based on work experience), renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: € 34.000 to € 42.000 (based on work experience).
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary and bonus. You’ll be part of an international network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities in a key role for our organization.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 18 and 19 May 2017. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a new Senior Head of Campaigning Unit. It is a great opportunity for creative people with strong communication and project management skills who are experts in Human Rights field and with a strong political acumen, ready to take up a new challenge. We’re looking for a team worker who will manage and develop the association’s campaigns to make a real change in the field of Human Rights.
The Senior Head of Campaigning Unit ensures the following goals are reached:
- Developing and managing the Campaigning strategies with particular attention to the annual priorities of the Movement, the available resources, the obligations and opportunities of the context. Promptly and effectively managing unplannable actions due to human rights crisis situations.
- Managing the choice, planning, implementation and innovation of the Campaigns providing in-depth analysis of various target audiences and political context, appropriate messages, access to opinion leaders and a boost to the association’s reputation.
- Coordinating the planning activities of specific project teams made up of staff members, activists, and external stakeholders who contribute to the implementation of specific campaigns with particular attention to the creativity and innovation of communication techniques.
We are looking for a Senior Head of Campaigning Unit with the following characteristics:
- A good knowledge of Campaigning tools and methods on a national and international level, an in-depth knowledge of the Human Rights system and of the Human Rights situation in Italy and abroad.
- An in-depth knowledge of the techniques and tools that are used in traditional and digital communication for Campaigning.
- A great ability to manage Campaigning Projects aimed at raising awareness and promoting Human Rights.
- Minimum of ten years of relevant professional experience in international organisations with similar tasks, a high level of responsibility and a proven experience in managing successful Campaigns.
- Proven experience with creative agencies for the implementation of communication Campaigns and political context analysis and report.
- Education: master’s degree or specialisation in the Human Rights field or additional years of related work experience, fluent (level C) in English language.
- Result-oriented approach: to achieve performance objectives and realize benefits for the organization by using the more economical way of getting results.
- Building and maintaining relationships: ability to develop strong, collaborative relationships with diverse stakeholders from all communities and backgrounds.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of constraints, opportunities and resources.
- Ability to work in multi-cultural environment with appropriate sensitivity to differences of culture, gender and physical ability; commitment to Amnesty International values.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has 70.000 supporters and 2.000 activists.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae (containing the personal data processing authorisation according to Law Decree 196/2003);
- cover letter containing a description of your skills, the way you would like to approach the role and a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- letter of recommendation of one or more previous employers.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Senior Head of Campaigning Unit”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 9 May 2017 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
Please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.