Application deadline: 08/04/2018
Work place: Rome, national and local business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Head of Digital Unit
Contract: full time, about one year fixed-term contract (based on maternity leave).
Gross Annual Salary: about € 25.000.
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary and bonus. We can offer you the chance to work with and for great people in an organization where you can really make a difference.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 12 and 13 April 2018. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a Social Media Senior Officer for a maternity leave replacement, a professional who will be responsible for manage the organization’s social media work across Italy in order to advance our human rights agenda, support campaigns and raise awareness. It is a great opportunity for flexible and results oriented people with strong digital communication and technical skills who are experts in social media management field and digital engagement techniques, ready to take up a new challenge.
About the role
The Social Media Senior Officer (Maternity Leave Replacement) ensures the following goals are reached:
- Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination, benchmarking, audience identification and messaging.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (photo, text and video) that builds meaningful connections in order to develop digital engagement, encourage community members to take action and develop brand awareness and online reputation.
- Set and deliver editorial strategy across all social media to create a clear and coherent digital personality in line with our brand, guidelines and policies.
- Capture and analyze the appropriate social data and metrics, insights and best practices in order to continuously improve, and then act with a data-driven approach.
We are looking for a Social Media Senior Officer (Maternity Leave Replacement) with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Communication or Marketing, digital communication or digital community organizing master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least one years of postgraduate professional experience in digital or communication sector with similar tasks, preferably in an international not for profit organization;
- proven experience in conducting digital marketing campaigns and projects;
- experience in managing significant online communities.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of social media management tools and digital engagement techniques;
- Excellent knowledge of online advertising and KPIs together with good knowledge in video editing and graphic design for advertise.
- Good knowledge of online marketing and good understanding of major marketing channels.
- Creativity: generating and implementing novel and practical ideas to achieve results;
- Communications and influencing: ability to communicate consistent messages with integrity and gain commitment from different audiences;
- Analysis and decision making: diagnose problems, provide innovative solutions and make logical, timely decisions.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has 70.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In order to remain independent most of our income is from individuals and private foundations. In the Digital Unit we are responsible for digital actions and strategies across all digital channels through supporters and civil society, including wholly owned websites, social media and email.
How to Apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to Law Decree 196/2003;
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics (About You section of the vacancy);
- recommendation letter.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name last name RL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Social Media Senior Officer (MLR)”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 8 April 2018 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are committed to creating and sustaining a working environment in which everyone has an equal opportunity to fulfill their potential and we welcome applications from suitably qualified people from all sections of the community.