Application deadline: 15/03/2020
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Senior Head of Activism
Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: from € 23.000 to € 25.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus, flextime and smart working. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 23 and 24 March 2020. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for a Task Force Officer who wants to contribute at strategic and tactical levels in the pursuit of our fight for human rights, leading not only the plans but the culture and processes required. Amnesty Italy’s Task Force Officer will be responsible for use strategies, tactics and tools to recruit, retain and empower people to develop our Human Rights Defenders community.
About the role
The Task Force Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Manage and develop task forces activities and processes to achieve programme goals.
- Constantly supervise and ensure the engagement and the active participation of task forces activists in each group. Develop tools and processes through the movement to maintain and increase the percentage of active people and their involvement.
- Develop and innovate community engagement tools and procedures to adapt them to the changes and to new challenges.
- Develop and maintain records of task forces’ activities on agreed KPIs to monitor activists’ engagement and commitment.
We are looking for a Task Force Officer with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Sociology or Communications.
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in people engagement or related fields with similar tasks and a deep knowledge of community development issues;
- proven experience managing engagement processes and organizing training for activists;
- comfort with data and research to drive efforts.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Excellent knowledge of engagement and community development techniques and tools, with a strong track record delivering successful and impactful national programs;
- extensive activism experience, especially one that involves design of engagement processes and online and offline mobilization;
- full professional proficiency in Italian and English language.
- Focusing on outcomes: ability to achieve stretching goals and realise business benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results.
- Supportiveness: managing and supporting team members in order to achieve common results.
- Decision making: ability to diagnose problems, provide innovative solutions and make logical, timely decisions.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Activism Unit we manage strategies, tactics and tools for the recruitment, retention and empowerment of people to develop the community of human rights defenders.
How to apply
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- recommendation letter;
- any information you think would be most useful for us in understanding your background and approach.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name LR”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Task Force Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 15 March 2020 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.