Application deadline: 26/01/2020
Work place: Rome, national and international business trips may be required.
Line Manager: Head of Digital
Contract: full time, one year fixed-term contract, renewable.
Gross Annual Salary: from € 27.000 to € 30.000 (based on qualification and work experience).
Benefits: negotiable gross annual salary, performance incentives and bonus, flextime and smart working. You’ll be part of a global network of colleagues with professional growth opportunities, training and development.
Please be informed that the first round of interviews will take place on 5 and 6 Febrary 2020. Those selected must attend the interviews on these dates.
We are looking for an outstanding Web Developer Senior Officer to be responsible for the management, maintenance and development of our digital assets; managing the coding, innovative design and layout of our websites, intranet, apps, and digital marketing tools.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Web Developer Senior Officer ensures the following goals are reached:
- Liaise with the relevant suppliers, coordinating the association’s website technical development, maintenance and accessibility, including its linked domains and subdomains.
- Write well designed, testable, and efficient code by using best software development practices and create and maintain accurate software documentation.
- Manage and implement the integrated development environment (IDE) to acquire and retain online supporters (visitors to the website, newsletter subscribers, signatures, donors and activists).
- Promote and participate in digital projects and technologically innovative actions contributing to digital development throughout the organization.
We are looking for a Web Developer Senior Officer with the following characteristics:
- University degree (or equivalent) in Software Engineering or Information and Communication Technologies, Web Design master degree (or equivalent) is an asset.
- At least three years of postgraduate professional experience in web developing or related fields with similar tasks and a deep knowledge of web design issues;
- proven experience working with agencies and suppliers to develop web application for the achievement of business goals and opportunities;
- comfort with data and continuous learning to drive efforts.
Technical skills and knowledge
- Confident with WordPress, web analytics tools (Google Analytics), cloud environments (AWS) and digital marketing applications (e.g. Mailup, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Paypal).
- Proficient in database management systems and in managing complex web projects, including the management of tools like Bitbucket for collaborate on code development and pull request.
- Full professional proficiency in Italian and English language.
- Focusing on Outcomes: ability to achieve stretching goals and realise business benefits, using the simplest way to deliver results.
- Continuous Learning: ability to encourage and create a climate of learning, keen to develop and improve self and others to meet goals.
- Project Management: developing and managing clearly defined work plans and identify objectives, results and success indicators in light of organizational strategies and of obligations, opportunities and resources.
Amnesty International is an international movement made up of over 7 million people who dedicate themselves to protecting and promoting human rights. We are active in the Global North and Global South. In Italy, our organization has about 500.000 supporters and 2.000 activists. In the Digital Unit we are responsible for digital actions and strategies across all digital channels through supporters and civil society, including wholly owned websites, social media and email.
HOW TO APPLY
In order to apply for this post, please send:
- curriculum vitae containing the personal data processing authorisation according to General Data Protection Regulation (2016/279);
- cover letter containing a self-assessment of the above-described characteristics;
- one recommendation letter.
Please make sure the three files are in PDF format and their titles are “first name last name CV”, “first name last name CL”, and “first name second name RL”.
Please send the files to the Human Resources and Organisational Development Unit by writing to the following address: email@example.com (applications sent to other e-mail addresses will be disregarded).
The e-mail subject must be “Web Developer Senior Officer”. Please also indicate how you came across the vacancy information.
Only applications including these criteria and received by 26 January 2020 will be taken into consideration.
Shortlisted applicants will be contacted within ten days after the vacancy closes.
We receive a huge number of applications for our vacancies, thus we cannot reply to applicants who don’t make it to the longlist and we apologize for this: please be aware that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our organization. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.